Did you know that some think the smell of fresh bread is linked to our sense of kindness and compassion? It is one of our oldest foods and a staple of the global diet.
Bread is simple, requiring only five ingredients: flour, yeast, salt, sugar and water. All those other ingredients you see on your store bought bread? Fillers and preservatives, just putting you out-of-pocket and over waistline.
This Homemade Honey Baguette recipe is simple and economical. A fraction of the cost and twice as fun – best of all, it’s easy.
HOMEMADE HONEY BAGUETTES
yields 2 loaves
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 cup Water (to start)
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 1/4 tbsp Instant Yeast
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, adding water as needed to keep the mixture sticky.
- Mix until dough forms into a single mass or ball.
- Remove dough from bowl and continue to need for 6-8 more minutes. The dough will begin to heat up and become a singular mass.
- Place dough back in mixing bowl and cover the with a wet towel. Let dough rise for approximately 2 hours.
- Remove dough from bowl and form into loafs or buns. Recover with a moist towl and let rise again.
- Bake dough in over heated to 425f for approximately 16-18 minutes turning the dough halfway.
- Remove from oven, let cool, then enjoy.Follow these simple steps and fill your home with the aroma of fresh bread!
Check-out Devi Yoga’s Youtube Page for more recipes like this.